The TSWF Pulmonary AIM form is intended to help the PCMH team deal with asthma and COPD in accordance with VA/DoD Clinical Practice Guidelines.
Training Material for All Users
AHLTA and other training resources
Additional TSWF support
Pulmonary Paper Backup
Pulmonary Training Slides
*Intended for classroom use
Pulmonary User Guide
*Intended for individual use
Pulmonary Recent Changes
- 9 changes for Sep-Dec 2017 update
- Sep-Dec r2 (updated October 2017): Verbiage change for HPV recommendations as listed: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/hpv.html
- Sep-Dec r2 (updated October 2017): Minor word changes to the PHQ-9 to perfectly mirror the Pfizer Inc. version
- Added the term FIT-DNA to the Preventive Services Recommendation for colorectal cancer screening
- Added a link next to the diabetes CCP for a diabetic foot exam. (The tool is hosted on the tswf-mhs.com website)
- Changed order of screenings on BH/Other tab. PCL-5 now follows GAD-2
- Added 2 contraceptive counseling links above the “Presently Using Birth Control” section
Details: CDC Reproductive Health: https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/contraception/mmwr/spr/summary.html
Mobile app & eBook: eBook Reader App Recommendations for Contraceptive Use and downloaded ebook: https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/contraception/ebook.html
- Changed “annual” to “biennial” before “Retinal Eye exam done”
- PE Tab: Moved “Accommodation” to the right of the solid line with other exam items not routinely performed
- Moved ”Spleen” and “Abdominal Hernia” to the right of the solid line with other exam items not routinely performed
- Interprets aspects of the VA/DoD asthma and COPD CPGs
- Standardizes care for pulmonary conditions
- Helps with compliance to VA/DoD guidelines
The Pulmonary CPG AIM form was created to help interpret aspects of the VA/DoD asthma and COPD CPGs. The AIM form is a way to standardize and optimize the approach to care for these pulmonary conditions, and a way to help improve continuity of care and healthcare outcomes.
As a TSWF CPG AIM form, its development and usage helps with compliance to VA/DoD guidelines, as we have integrated recommendations from these CPGs into the form. The form provides easy access to reference materials for clinical decision-making, links to references for patient education materials, and standardizes our documentation.
TSWF-Pulmonary Form Lead
Donald W. Rumbaugh, M.D., DABFP
Tri-Service Workflow is dedicated to serving those who serve. Our innovations bring the team care we exemplify to help you in your patient care.