The TSWF Clinical Pharmacy AIM form is intended for clinical pharmacists embedded within the PCMH team. The form standardizes and simplifies workflow and also provides easy access to clinical decision-making resources. Training on the TSWF Clinical Pharmacy AIM form highlights how this form is intended to be used by clinical pharmacists when they document in the outpatient record.
Training Material for All Users
AHLTA and other training resources
Additional TSWF support
Clin Pharm Training Slides
*Intended for classroom use
Clin Pharm Paper Backup
Clin Pharm User Guide
*Intended for individual use
Related Tools and Documents
- Added check box for “Non-Adherence” as a Reason for Intervention on Clin Pharm Tab- Intervention Reason
- Standardizes / optimizes PharmD encounters
- Helps with managing complex med regimens
- Quantifies value of PharmD in outpatient settings
This form was created to standardize and optimize PharmD encounters and to capture clinical and economic outcomes arising from pharmacist-specific care. The primary efforts of the PharmDs are to enhance medical treatment management, help manage patients meeting the criteria for polypharmacy, and to help patients with chronic diseases and complex medication regimens. The TSWF Clinical Pharmacy AIM form is a reliable way to quantify the value of the PharmD in the PCMH and other outpatient settings (e.g. medication therapy change, patient education, drug interaction monitoring, etc.).
PharmD encounters, documented systematically in the TSWF Clinical Pharmacy AIM Form, help to:
- Identify the most cost-effective treatment options (e.g. being able to substitute equally efficacious medications for less expensive ones)
- Decrease of misuse and abuse of medications (e.g. patients taking wrong pills)
- Maximize compliance (e.g. patients both knowing and taking what has been prescribed)
- Reduce potential for hospitalization
- Improve outcomes and prognosis, and
- Improve patient safety and reduce prescribing risks
The Clinical Pharmacy AIM form standardizes and simplifies workflow and also provides easy access to clinical decision-making resources.
TSWF Clinical Pharmacy Form Lead
Donald W. Rumbaugh, M.D., DABFP
Tri-Service Workflow is dedicated to serving those who serve. Our innovations bring the team care we exemplify to help you in your patient care.