Training Material for All Users
CV Training Slides
*Intended for classroom use
CV Paper Backup
CV User Guide
*Intended for individual use
- “On the ‘Initial Assessment’ ribbon added a new link labeled “2017 ACC/AHA focused update”.
- “Add an additional link labeled “2019 AHA/ACC focused update”
- “On the ‘Antithrombotic Therapy for Patients with Atrial Fibrillation’ ribbon, added ‘Edoxaban’ to the list on the right. Also change all meds to lower case. And added this statement: “For patients with AF or atrial flutter of 48 hours’ duration or longer, or when the duration of AF is unknown, anticoagulation with warfarin (INR 2.0 to 3.0), a factor Xa inhibitor, or direct thrombin inhibitor is recommended for at least 3 weeks before and at least 4 weeks after cardioversion. (2019)”
“NOACs are recommended over warfarin where eligible except in those patients with moderate – severe mitral stenosis or a mechanical heart valve. (2019)“”
- “On the ‘Pharmacological Management of Patients With Newly Discovered Atrial Fibrillation’ ribbon added this as a text box as a clinical clue on the right:
‘The decision to use an anticoagulant should not be influenced by whether the AF is paroxysmal or persistent (COR I, LOE B). 2019′”
- Developed in 2014
- DoD PCMH Advisory Board requested
- Access to selected clinical decision support tool
The contents of the form are edited from time to time as a result of user feedback and when national standards or clinical recommendations change. For example, some clinical prompts and text box wording changes were made to reflect revisions in the 2014 VA/DoD Clinical Practice Guideline for Management of Dyslipidemia.
Dr. James Neville, MD, MPH, FACPM
Tri-Service Workflow is dedicated to serving those who serve. Our innovations bring the team care we exemplify to help you in your patient care.